Stay competitive and reach long-term business objectives
Constant legislative changes and inconsistent income and franchise tax regulations on state and local levels can result in undue complexity—and make effective and efficient compliance difficult.
KPMG's Income and Franchise Tax Services professionals, working with our State Tax Resource Network, provide you with timely access to tax insights and guidance to help address issues that may affect your competitiveness and ability to meet long-term business objectives.
With specialized knowledge—and strong working relationships with tax authorities in every state—our team offers a broad array of services to help you manage income and franchise tax issues you may encounter. From complex rulings to state tax audit assistance--and representation to tax advice on real transactions—we can help you effectively and efficiently comply with state income and franchise tax regulations.
Locating the right services for you
Utilizing a broad range of technology tools wherever possible, KPMG’s Income and Franchise Tax Services include:
- Nexus analysis and voluntary disclosure – analyzing current in-state activities and contacts to determine if a filing requirement exists and helping resolve any past exposures
- Apportionment reviews – assisting with the determination of the appropriate methodology of apportionment and allocation of revenue using data analytics to capture information entered by other functions within the company’s ERP or other systems to help ensure the company is accurately complying with state apportionment rules that are changing on a daily basis
- Return reviews – analyzing previously filed returns, filing positions and business activities to identify potential overpayments of state income and franchise tax and under-utilization of state tax credits and net operating losses
- Compliance – preparing state income tax estimates, extensions, annual returns and amended returns
- Dispute resolution – assisting with state tax audits, as well as rulings requests to secure guidance
- Credit and incentive reviews – identifying significant tax credits and incentives available for multistate operations
- Restructuring and tax planning – assisting with improving structure from a statutory, organizational and cost perspective; analyzing a financial and operational situation or plan from a tax perspective
With offices coast to coast, KPMG Income and Franchise Tax Services professionals do business everywhere that you do.