The U.S. tax landscape is complex, multilayered, challenging to comply with and subject to almost continuous change. How a multinational enterprise navigates this shifting landscape can be one of the more daunting and complex business issues it faces.
Whether you are a multinational, financial institution, fund, or investor with U.S. operations or investments, the U.S. Tax practice in Europe offers real-time access to services that can help tax and finance executives located in Europe address their business's U.S. international tax challenges and help achieve cross-border tax efficiencies, mitigate cross-border tax risks, and meet international tax compliance requirements.
Our services include, but are not limited to, tax advice and guidance in the following areas:
Fund and alternative investments
- Tax planning and compliance for hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, and alternative energy funds
- Structuring and financing portfolio investments and dispositions
Derivatives and complex financial instruments
- Structuring and financing complex financial arrangements, including repos, stock loans, forwards, futures, options, and swaps in both inbound and outbound contexts
Merger and acquisitions
- Diligence, structuring, and financing cross-border acquisitions, financings, dispositions, and divestures
Inbound investment into the United States
- Structuring and financing various types of investments, including equity, debt, property, and derivatives
- Tax treaty eligibility, interpretation, and analysis
- FIRPTA issues and requirements
Outbound investment from the United States
- International tax planning for CFCs, foreign tax credits, and related transactions
- Intellectual property transactions and management
- Supply chain tax management structuring
Tax-exempt investors into the United States
- Pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other tax-exempt investments
Global reach – The U.S. Tax Practice in Europe works with KPMG International's global network of independent member firms.
Technical specialization – Our network includes professionals from the U.S. member firm's Washington National Tax practice, a group comprised of senior-level professionals with noteworthy experience in international tax and the taxation of transactions and financial products.
Cost effectiveness – The U.S. Tax Practice in Europe charges competitive rates commensurate with U.S.-based practitioners and are committed to being responsive to your needs in a cost-efficient manner.