Handling taxes has become one of the most daunting, complex issues a multinational faces
KPMG LLP's International Tax professionals, who have deep technical knowledge and practical experience, have a keen understanding of tax and trade regulations and changing business conditions in jurisdictions worldwide. This knowledge allows us to provide specialized services to support our clients’ international and cross-border activities.
Our International Tax services are offered across three broad areas:
- International Corporate Tax for corporations ranging from enterprises just beginning to invest internationally to FORTUNE 250 companies and their international equivalents. We understand that to succeed in today’s global marketplace, companies must anticipate or understand the potential short- and long-term consequences of tax planning decisions at a coordinated, global level and in the context of their wider business objectives.
- International Tax for Asset Management. We help these clients identify global tax efficiency to maintain increased investor return, which is one of the most complex tasks facing the industry.
- Trade & Customs Services for organizations that import and export goods and services. We can help by identifying efficient ways to increase growth, while meeting complex regulatory trade requirements—a “given” for multinational corporations.
Where to locate, what choice of entity, how to finance global operations
These fundamental decisions can have a critical impact on a multinational’s tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash tax exposure.
What’s more, in-house tax professionals are often challenged on many fronts simultaneously and are faced with shorter decision time frames. For example, these executives must ensure that tax planning remains appropriate given changes in business operations and is consistent with the company’s culture.
At the same time, they must keep track of frequent changes in tax regulations in multiple jurisdictions and growing compliance and internal control requirements.
Lastly, they must accomplish these tasks as they face greater scrutiny of tax decisions by an increasing range of regulators.
KPMG LLP's International Tax professionals provide specialized services to support our clients’ international and cross-border activities, including:
- Global effective tax rate planning
- International tax planning for business change in areas such as intellectutal property planning, cloud computing, cross-border mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, corporate reorganizations and internal group restructurings, and legal entity rationalization
- Value management, encompassing supply and value chain management
- Global capital structure planning, including efficient cross-border finance, repatriation, and cash-access planning
- International tax reporting and compliance, and global compliance management
- International tax provision computation, compliance, and assistance
- International tax dispute resolution
- U.S. advice, planning, and compliance for non-U.S. multinationals
- U.S. and foreign advice coordination (e.g., foreign advice rendered by KPMG International member firms or other local country advisers)
- U.S. and foreign quantitative determinations including foreign tax credit and earnings and profits computations and assistance