Planning, implementation, and compliance
Knowledge is power in the international tax landscape. Frequent changes in tax regulations—notably today, the extensive international tax changes from the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, and other potential changes from the Biden administration's tax plans—and a complex global marketplace challenge companies to adapt and evolve to stay competitive and compliant.
With the right guidance, multinational companies can achieve success through careful planning and implementation with an enhanced methodology that meets wider business objectives and fosters growth on a global scale.
KPMG’s International Tax professionals provide the vast knowledge and practical experience to help companies looking to invest across borders for the first time or expand their existing international footprint. With a broad range of services and a thorough understanding of tax and trade regulations, our specialists deliver the essential technological and advisory support for multinational organizations.
We help with:
- Global effective tax rate planning, including methodology and tools for incorporating the latest U.S. and global tax reform guidance
- International tax planning for business change in areas such as intellectual property planning, cloud computing, cross-border mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, corporate reorganizations and internal group restructurings, and legal entity rationalization
- Value chain management
- Global capital structure planning, including efficient cross-border finance, repatriation, and cash access planning
- International tax reporting and compliance, and global compliance management
- International tax provision computation, compliance and assistance
- International tax dispute resolution
- U.S. advice, planning, and compliance for non-U.S. multinationals
- U.S. and foreign advice coordination (e.g. foreign advice rendered by KPMG International member firms or other local country advisers)
- U.S. and foreign quantitative determinations including foreign tax credit and earnings and profits computations and assistance.