Understanding and complying with property tax requirements and recognizing areas for potential savings is vital, but can be cumbersome. You may need property tax advice if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Is your property tax compliance a manual process, requiring significant resources and time?
- Do you file a large number of returns across numerous tax jurisdictions?
- Are you contemplating an acquisition?
- Are you appealing or considering appealing an assessment with the board or local assessor?
- Are you being audited?
- Does your asset base have unique characteristics including potential intangible value that may be carved out for property tax purposes?
- Has it been several years since the last review of your assessed values?
- Does your fixed asset listing contain lump-sum entries or old assets that may have been disposed but are still included in your property tax base?
Our Property Tax practice can help meet all your property tax needs by using our broad industry experience to assist with:
- Property Tax Advisory Services– initial property assessment and site review, exemption reviews, development projects, mergers and acquisitions planning, property tax forecasting
- Compliance Services– return preparation, assessment review, tax bill management, fixed asset review, audit defense services
- Valuation Services– reacquisition value due diligence, taxable value study, purchase price allocation, full property appraisals, valuation support
- Appeals Management– valuation analysis and negotiations, value reviews and protest, board hearing and litigation support, possessory interests
- Specialty consulting– including cost segregation and asset componentization, embedded software studies, ghost asset review and reconciliation, depreciation and useful life studies, compliance process review and automation