Through data analytics with interactive visualizations and business intelligence capabilities, you will be able to:
- Focus: Identify employee populations and travel locations creating the most risk.
- Strategize: Model options for the scope and approach for a business traveler program.
- Decide: Make proactive and informed business decisions based on the data analytics.
What is the business traveler risk analysis process?
1. Data gathering
KPMG LLP (KPMG) works with you to obtain travel (e.g., flight, hotel, and/or travel expenses) and demographic (e.g., employee ID, home work location) information to complete the Business Traveler Risk Analysis template – data generally comes from HR and travel systems (e.g., corporate travel provider)
We compare the data to information required to perform a business traveler risk assessment
We work with you to develop business assumptions to bridge any gaps between the data available and information required (e.g., estimate compensation, chargeback assumptions)
2. Apply KPMG LINK Business Traveler logic
The data is processed through KPMG LINK Business Traveler‘s logic to apply compliance rules (e.g., tax treaties, totalization agreements, domestic exemptions) and business positions
We then use business intelligence to identify key drivers for exposure and give focus to employee populations and locations with the highest risk.
3. Analyze results using data analytics
KPMG provides interactive data analytics dashboards so you can visualize:
- Key business traveler data analytics
- Quantified tax exposure (e.g., by location, employee group, etc.)
- Predictive analytics
- Actionable data analytics for downstream compliance processes
The fee range for the analysis is based on the volume of data, number of data sources and risk assessment types:
- International income tax
- Social security
- U.S. state-to-state income tax
- Interactive data analytics dashboards:
- Global overview
- Threshold modeling
- Exposure analysis
- Summary of exposure and areas of risks
- KPMG guidance on strategy and implementation