An initial public offering (“IPO”) is a significant step in the growth of a company. The process can be extremely complex, so it is advantageous to start the “IPO readiness” process well in advance of the planned IPO date.
Please join professionals from the KPMG M&A Tax and Business Tax Services practices, as well as the Washington National Tax office, as they discuss:
- The current state of the IPO market;
- Areas of focus from a tax perspective for companies looking at an IPO in the future, particularly the income tax provision transition from AICPA reporting standards to PCAOB reporting standards;
- The proper tax treatment of IPO costs and documentation requirements;
- The proper tax treatment of abandoned IPO costs; and
- The potential impact of an IPO on the ability to utilize tax attributes and the Ownership Change rules under Section 382.
After registering, you will receive details on how to log into the Webcast or dial in for audio only. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit is available for U.S. participants who meet the eligibility requirements.