In recent months, tax departments have needed to consider several new developments. For example, the IRS and Treasury continue to release regulatory packages addressing law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Further, at the end of 2020, Congress modified the rules addressing the deductibility of meals and entertainment expenditures. Finally, the pandemic continues to require taxpayers to reconsider how they compute their taxable income for 2020 and 2021. During this Webcast our specialists will explain a number of these new developments, and how they impact the banking industry. In particular, we will address:
- Final regulations under Section 451(b) timing of income inclusion
- Final regulations under Section 451(c) treatment of advance payments
- Final regulations under Section 162(f) treatment of fines and penalties
- Recent developments with the deductibility of meals and entertainment expenditures
- Practical considerations with the parking deduction in the pandemic
Please join us for what promises to be an insightful and informative webcast.