The Employee Retention Credit (“ERC”) is a valuable relief opportunity for employers affected by COVID-19, and was recently expanded in scope and extended through the first half of 2021. The recent updates made retroactive changes to enable previously ineligible employers to claim the ERC for 2020, and have extended the period for relief with an expanded scope and increased available credit.
Please join us as KPMG professionals discuss a variety of topics, including:
- What changes did the recent legislation make to the ERC? Which changes were retroactive, and which only apply going forward?
- What should employers consider when evaluating their eligibility for the ERC in 2020 and in 2021?
- How do employers identify qualified wages and calculate the amount of ERC available to them?
- What is the process for claiming the ERC?
- What other items should employers consider in connection with the ERC?