Increasingly companies rely on an international workforce to achieve and accelerate business goals. However, for companies that are also managing export control compliance, identifying and securing export-controlled technical data is a challenge. Identifying and hiring the best candidates means carefully balancing immigration requirements, anti-discrimination laws, and export control regulations. Failing to coordinate with your legal team, human resources, and export compliance team can lead to costly regulatory violations.
In this 1-hour webcast, part of the Export Compliance Smart Practice Series , the KPMG team – Steven Brotherton, Jenna Leigh Glass, and Sydney Palmer - will be joined by Patrick Shen, a Partner at Fragomen Worldwide who previously served as Special Counsel for Immigration-related Unfair Employment Practices in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division.
This discussion will focus on several important topics that will help companies assess their risks and develop a compliance plan. Topics include:
- Key deemed export concepts and misconceptions;
- Technology Control Plan elements and strategies;
- The interplay of U.S. immigration requirements, anti-discrimination laws, and export control laws and regulations;
- Managing competing requirements and common missteps; and
- Strategies for mitigating risks.