The recent U.S. elections and the COVID relief measures implemented in 2020 could have a significant impact on the cost and administration of an organization’s global mobility program. The KPMG Global Mobility Services practice is pleased to invite you to a 60-minute webcast where professionals from the KPMG Washington National Tax practice will provide insight on the recent federal elections and the impact of certain COVID relief measures on the 2020 tax filing season.
Topics to be covered include:
- Federal election results (to date)
- Legislative outlook for 2021
- Potential tax priorities for the White House and Congress
- Selected COVID relief measures affecting 2020 individual tax returns including:
- Economic Impact Payments
- Substantial Presence Test: Application of the Medical Condition Exception, and
- Foreign Earned Income and Housing Cost Exclusions: Waiver of time requirements
- Pension/retirement plan relief provisions
- Section 139 disaster relief payments
- State-to-state workers and an employer’s due diligence regarding tracking and reporting
Please join us for what promises to be an insightful and informative webcast.