KPMG LLP is pleased to invite you to an informative TaxWatch webcast that will discuss important year end payroll considerations for 2020 payroll reporting and 2021 compliance.
During this webcast, KPMG employment tax professionals will discuss key aspects of the year end payroll process and address the specific challenges related to reporting compensation for your workforce related to the many payroll legislative changes in 2020, payroll tax credits, current year state requirements, etc.
This TaxWatch will focus on the following key items:
- 2020 year end payroll reconciliation items (Federal)
- FFCRA credits
- CARES Act (employee retention credit and employer payroll tax deferral)
- Employee Payroll Tax Deferral (Presidential Memorandum)
- New compliance forms (Forms 941, 941-X, Forms W-2)
- 2021 – Potential impacts and payroll tax considerations
- Telecommuting/Work from anywhere
- 2020 state/local law changes
- Telecommuting states and temporary telecommuting regulations
- COVID-specific withholding tax regulations
- Form W-2 reporting and withholding requirements
- State unemployment sourcing/taxation
- Preparing for 2021
- Review various considerations including company policy changes/implementation for telecommuting, registration requirements, state unemployment tax reporting, etc.
This Webcast would be of significant interest to payroll and global mobility professionals, CFOs, human resources directors, CPAs, corporate tax staff, and other business and service providers working on payroll year-end.