In light of changes in market conditions and increased economic uncertainty, many partnerships are facing financial challenges and potential restructuring. Understanding the potential tax planning considerations with regard to distressed debt can be a key element to a successful restructuring.
KPMG LLP (KPMG) is pleased to invite you to a 90-minute webcast on significant partnership tax considerations relating to distressed debt. Senior Washington National Tax professionals from the Passthroughs group will discuss:
- Analyzing various debt discharge transactions
- Considerations with respect to cancellation of debt income
- Lenders becoming partners
- Third-party acquisition of partnership debt
- And more importantly… actions to consider in advance of a workout