The evolving economic and operating landscape presents valuation challenges for institutional investors, fund managers, and their portfolio companies. Drawing off of our deep experience across industries and asset classes, the KPMG Alternative Investments Valuation practice provides the knowledge and assistance necessary to meet your goals.
Many of the world’s largest asset managers look to KPMG as a trusted adviser to provide independent and objective valuation advice. We have deep qualifications in valuing a wide spectrum of illiquid and complex asset classes, including:
- Private equity and debt
- Real estate
- Loan portfolios
- Structured products
- Other complex securities and financial instruments
We provide valuation services for mark-to-market purposes to help our clients meet the independence and transparency that investors and other constituents demand. In addition, we provide valuation advisory services for asset managers and their portfolio companies in connection with tax and financial reporting as well as to support acquisitions and dispositions of companies and financial assets.
As a market-leading accounting firm, we have the advantage of seeing things through the lens of an auditor, allowing for an unparalleled vantage point when assessing fair value. Our clients often rely on our advice regarding valuation governance and best practices.
Service Overview Materials
- Infrastructure fund valuation services
- Private equity valuation services
- Commercial real estate finance valuation services
- Measuring fair value for risk retention
- Structured products valuation services
- Private debt valuation services
- Fund manager valuation services
- Alternative investments valuation services
- Portfolio valuation services